Updated process for Blankets in the Grandstand
Thousands attend the Fair every year to enjoy the food and watch entertainment at the grandstands. After each year the Fair Association collects feedback from many sources and reviews comments for possible improvements to the following year. In this case, comments from fans regarding blankets in the grandstands have increased in the last couple years. Reserving seats in the grandstands with blankets has become a hot topic, we received many reports of blankets put down and the people never using them wasting valuable seats to enjoy the entertainment.
In response to feedback from our fans, a new process for grandstand seating has been put in place… Signs and decals in the grandstand area are now posted; “Unattended Seats Available at Show Time”. Our fans reported reserved spaces with blankets on seats and no one would show up. Therefore, starting this year all seats in the grandstand are available to anyone at the start of the concert, pull, or demo derby. Go ahead and sit on the blanket left by someone else, maybe their plans changed, we want everyone in attendance to enjoy the entertainment. If you want to use the space you reserved please be at your spot at the start of the show.
For the 2018 Dodge County Fair the following additional instructions are available on our FAQ Page and re-posted below for easy access;
- Wednesday, August 15, 2018 – (Badger State Tractor Pull) Seating available in our two large grandstands. No lawn chairs. Blankets can be placed in the grandstands at any time although we ask that you DO NOT tape or tie to the bleachers.
- Thursday, August 16, 2018 – (The Oak Ridge Boys) Chairs cannot be placed on the track until 8 am Thursday! We understand many prefer to set chairs before going to work but cannot guarantee their spot and may be moved by the grounds crew. Chairs placed at 8 am will get priority at the front. Subject to change depending on weather and manpower. Blankets can be placed in the grandstands at any time although we ask that you DO NOT tape or tie to the bleachers.
- Friday, August 17, 2018 – (Chris Janson) Chairs can be set-up the night before and early morning as long as all litter has been picked up and put in garbage containers. Blankets can be placed in the grandstands at any time although we ask that you DO NOT tape or tie to the bleachers. After the show please take your chairs home with you to make room for Tractor Pulls on Saturday.
- Saturday, August 18, 2018 – (Grand Funk Railroad with special guest Foghat) No one can enter the track area until the tractor pull is over and the grounds crew has cleaned and prepared for the show. No chairs can remain after the tractor pull on the paved surface. Standing room only on track surface during the concert, no chairs allowed. Seating available in Grandstands, blankets can be placed in the grandstands at any time although we ask that you DO NOT tape or tie to the bleachers. See our Seating Chart for where to line-up to enter for the concert following tractor pull (first one in line gets the first choice). A small section will be reserved in the grandstand for VIP and sponsors of the Fair.
- Sunday, August 19, 2018 – (Truck Pull & Demo Derby) Following the Truck Pull all unattended blankets and reserved spots will be removed by the grounds crew to maximize seating in the grandstand for the Demo Derbies. We will not allow any reserved seating on Sunday.
FREE evening entertainment will also include a unique lineup that includes the Badger State Truck and Tractor Pull on Wednesday evening, starting at 7:00 pm. Country music sensation, Chris Janson will perform on the grandstand stage on Friday at 8:00 pm, with legends Foghat and Grand Funk Railroad entertaining the crowd on Saturday evening with a back-to-back performance. The Dodge County Fair attracts close to 45,000 attendees annually during the five-day festival. Attendees travel from all over Wisconsin to experience the fair and the free evening entertainment.
Concert and tractor pull attendees will enjoy free parking and evening event admission for the duration of the fair. Fair admission is required. 2018 Dodge County Fair season tickets are only $27 before August 15 and $35 at the gate. Attend the fair for an affordable admission price of $5.40 per day with the purchase of a 2018 season ticket. Daily gate admission is $7 before 12:00 pm; or $10 after 12:00 pm. Children age nine and under receive free admission.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on events at the fair and free concert and event details.
The non-profit Fair Association hopes you enjoy the Fair and welcomes additional feedback and suggestions as a reply to any post or page on our website. Private messages can be sent through social media or direct email message on the contact us page.