Plant a Tree in Loving Memory
Families, friends and organizations are invited to honor and remember their loved ones with an ever-lasting shade tree on the Dodge County Fairgrounds. A small donation will leave a strong impact for years to come while remembering someone special. More than ten trees are planted annually to remember a lost family member or to honor someone special. Businesses may also choose to sponsor a tree to leave a permanent imprint at the Dodge County Fairgrounds in Beaver Dam.
Many of the mature trees on the Fairgrounds were lost due to a previous outbreak of the Emerald Ash Borer disease. New, quality trees from Brehm’s Wonder Creek Nursery have replaced these trees — providing shade and comfort year-round. These new trees are providing necessary shade during the seasonably-warm Dodge County Fair, held annually during the month of August. The long-standing nursery has fifty years of quality service and horticultural knowledge in the area. All shade trees are produced locally, onsite at the nursery, located just southwest of the Fairgrounds.
Interested families, organizations, companies and clubs have two opportunities to sponsor a tree. Trees are planted annually in the spring and again in the fall. Orders can be placed in person at the Dodge County Fair office before and during the 2019 Dodge County Fair, scheduled August 14-18, to guarantee planting for the fall season. Inquiries may be directed to Dale Norenberg at 920-885-3586 or [email protected]. Sponsored, professionally-planted trees will include a small but prominent, personalized sign, identifying the sponsor or the loved one being remembered. The non-profit Fair Association appreciates your help with improving the environment throughout the areas on the Fairgrounds.
In the first two years, twelve trees have been donated by area businesses and families. Please thank them for supporting the non-profit fairgrounds;
- Donated in Memory of Melissa L. Jones
- Donated in Honor of Cliff & Susan Olsen
- In memory of John Pankow who loved the Dodge Co. Fair and Country concerts!
- Donated by Emergency Starting and Towing
- Donated in Memory of Karen Schmidt
- Donated in Honor of Steve Hannan
- Donated by Lomira Clover Leaves 4-H Club
- Planted with love in memory of Les “Digger” Quiring in our hearts forever Jean, Cheryl & Lori
- Planted in Memory of Audrey Zanon by the Fair Board
- Planted in Memory of Robert Messer
- Vincent & Betty Nell and family 2019
- In memory of Butch Ptaschinski volunteer and donor
To sponsor a tree, please send $250/tree and a notation for sign inscription to:
Dodge County Fair Association
P.O. Box 654
Beaver Dam, WI 53916